Friday 31 August 2018

The Plastic Mountain

In room five we did some writing about picture of a plastic mountain. We had to include sights, sounds, feelings and sensations. Here is my writing.

                The Plastic Mountain
As I walk through what feels like a plastic rubbish dump I feel and hear the different coloured plastic bottles crinkling underneath my muddy feet. The  disgusting smell of garbage goes rushing up my nose.
 I pick up a green plastic bottle filled with  soggy mud. Mum  sorts out all the plastic bottles and puts them in giant woven baskets. Behind me there is a gigantic muddy pile of plastic bottles and bags. Dad and my brother are sorting out the clear plastic bottles.

 I am feeling sad for all the marine life that this horrid plastic is killing.  I turn around I see more plastic spilling from the bridge above us. I am wondering what will happen to all this plastic. Will it go into the ocean and ruin the fishes and the homes of other marine life?
 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Amelia, Hannah here. I like your writing about The Plastic Mountain because you have used lots of describing words in your writing. I think that you can try not to use I hear, I smell and I feel in your writing next time. From Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah, Amelia here. Next time I will try not to use I can hear, I can smell, I can see, or I can feel. From Amelia.

      Delete

Thanks you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.