Saturday 18 December 2021

SLJ 2021-22 Nano Girl - Build Something That Flies

 Our science challenge today was to build something that flies. I have built a aircraft that flies ( sort of ) and it is a bit of a loopdy loop plane. The things I used to make it are: a old plastic box that used to be a Christmas light box, a wooden skewer, some pretty paper that used to be a party bag, and some tape and glue to hold it together. First I cut up the plastic into a shape similar to a triangle, this didn't fly at all and to add some weight ( and to make it look cool) I put the pretty paper on-top. Then I punctured a hole on both ends of my plane and put a skewer through the middle. My plane still didn't fly very well so I cut the pretty paper into a tail shape, stuck it to the skewer and then trimmed up the front part of the plane. Now my plane flies alright and I think that it is pretty good. Here are some photo's of my plane.










3 comments:


  1. Kia Ora Amelia,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the summer learning journey. It is awesome to see that you have signed up and started the summer learning journey, there are a lot of fun activities we post each day so I look forward to seeing you blog about them throughout the summer.

    I think you did an awesome job with this activity, you introduced the activity and your plane well and gave clear instructions as to how you made it and how it flew. It is also great that you're-used old materials, very sustainable!

    Your plane does look awesome and you decorated it very well, it would be awesome to see a video of it flying.

    What would you do differently to improve the flight of you plane?

    Keep up the good work and I hope to see more of your posts during the Summer Learning Journey!!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete

  2. Kia Ora

    Amelia

    I was particularly impressed by the clear and concise instructions you have provided for each meal. You should be very proud of your mahi. I was Super impressed that you decided to create a sustainable airplane- Ka Pai!!! It was also a very creative plane that you created.

    How far could your plane fly in the air? I used to enjoy making paper airplanes at home. I used to write positive words such as have an Awesome day in them and let them fly in the sky.

    Keep up the Super work and I hope to see more of your posts during the Summer Learning Journey!!

    Ngā mihi,
    Quein


    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amelia,

    This is an amazing blog post! You have followed the quality blog post layouts so well. Also the task you completed is fantastic too. How far did this play fly?

    Kind Regards,

    Mrs B

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.